If you live in Richmond, how do you know which orthodontist is best for your child? After all, there are several in the area. Your orthodontist is someone who you will be working with for several years therefore it is important that you choose carefully. Here are some things that you should look for:
• The first and most important is training. Orthodontists usually require a few years of additional training and that is why there are fewer of them than there are dentists. This additional training is what teaches them how to straighten out teeth which is what orthodontics is all about.
• Do they favour early treatment? Ideally, braces should be placed at around the age of 7, but this doesn’t mean that they cannot go in later. In fact, you can straighten your teeth at any time so if you have crooked teeth you should consider getting braces at the same time as your child.
• What kind of braces do they use? In the past, you could find only wire braces. Today, however, there are many different kinds of braces, including some that are invisible. These may not be necessary for your child if they are nor self-conscious yet but they may be for you so that you can continue to live day to day as normally as possible.
• Look at the office where the orthodontist works out of. Is it child friendly? This can be important if you will be bringing siblings along. You should also check whether it is hygienic and whether the employees are friendly. Check for things like parking – remember, you will be coming here for years so you want to make the visits as comfortable as possible.
• How much do they charge? True, orthodontic procedures aren’t very cheapo but you don’t have to pay a dime more than you have to. Compare 2 or 3 to get a general feel of what orthodontists charge in Richmond. You should also find out what is included in their invoices.
• How knowledgeable are they about teeth in general? You will find out from how much information they share with you. A good Richmond orthodontist tries to tell their clients all the information they need to keep their children’s teeth healthy.
• Choose someone that both you and your child will are comfortable with – you will be seeing him or her for years to come on a regular basis.
One of the best orthodontists in Richmond is Roseneath Dental Care. They are the biggest and oldest dental practice in the area. They have helped hundreds of parents restore their children’s smiles and they can help you too.